16.2.09

Cream Cheese Coffee Cake.

Well, for starters, this isn't supposed to be blue. I'm not entirely certain what went wrong in the pictures but I've not quite nailed down my editing techniques and, well....they have sort of a blue tint. I blame the light. And the cold. Oh, Chicago. So very, very cold.

My mom always made this cream cheese coffee cake on Christmas (and other times, but that is neither here nor there) and I've had the recipe for ages but this year really wanted it. It's super easy and super delicious and, best of all, actually pretty cheap. I halved the recipe seeing as how I am not the army of maternal relatives or my younger brother who eats like any boy eats. This is the full recipe.

- two eight-oz packets of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- one egg yolk
- one tsp orange juice
- one tsp vanilla
- two packets of crescent rolls

What you want to do is line the bottom of a pan with one of the packets of the rolls. Then, beat together the softened cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, juice, and vanilla. Spread the mixture over the rolls and then cover with the second packet.

Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for thirty-five minutes, until the top is light brown. If you want, once it is cooled, sprinkle a little bit of powdered sugar over the top. Cut into squares and scarf down. Nom, nom, nom.



No comments: